Something to laugh at

Friday, July 29, 2005

Another one bites the dust

Another week gone... YAYYYYYY!!! It's still hard to get excited about Europe though, work just seems liek it's never going to end......still traveling through the big dark tunnel.

My vacation package came in today... I can't see it until I get home on the 12th. The folks are concerned... aobut London mostly. I had read (off sophie's post to be exact) that the London police had shot an innocent man dead after he ran away from Police. What I didn't know however, was that police enforcements had already subdued the person onto the ground... and then shot him in the head. Like what sophie said, he was a victim of terrorism. The brutality and tragedy of the past few weeks have spread to those who were meant to protect its citizens. This uncompromising and cruel act can only be the result of fear and hatred. Imagine yourself pointing a gun at a helpless man lying face down on the pavement. What else would possess you to pull that trigger? sad really. The purpose of these terrorists is to obliterate our free way of life. Now a man out for a walk will not see another day. Perhaps they're winning after all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

You didn't mention about your awesome weekend coming up... :P

Yes, they shot an innocent man, but that's one in a million ppl in London. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just don't look like you're hiding anything. All will be well.

See you at 5:15pm?

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't fret Lou. I don't think any act of terrorism has been linked to the Orientals. The reason the British police shot the Brazilian is because Brazilians look a lot like the current "terrorists", ie brown. But it is sad what happened to him.

Have fun Lou. I'm having fun:) My relatives are here from all over the world. Who would have thought our family reunion would be so far away from my mother's land. Small world after all.

Take care, Lou.

10:20 AM  
Blogger 'lue said...

Thanks guys!!

Hope you had a good weekend Shuaib!! and Sophie, I read about your weekend plans alraedy :) have fun!!

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home