Something to laugh at

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Hello Dolly!!

Tonight I went to see a festival theatre production of Hello Dolly with Jason. He's a quirky comp eng. guy in 3A, we met on the train going back to Stratford.

Upon arriving, I immediately noticed how underdressed I was (in jeans) and underaged as well, old ladies look extremely stylish in a sun dress... I noticed that after seeing the 200th one (I"ll try to remember this in 50 yrs)... Jason looked like he was going in for a job interview; he was even holding a black UW portfolio. It was for his driving school, but put the pressure on to ask him interesting questions.

This was my first non-high school/middle school musical and was it ever amazing!!
Music/dancing/elaborate stage arrangements and a live orchestra... the big numbers, simply put... awesome!!
The audience gave a standing ovation.

I realize now how underexposed I am to the living arts theatres/concerts and the like. I have yet to witness the overwhelming magnitude of a live symphony, something I hope to accomplish in London next month. Jason and I have agreed to see a lot more plays, and soon. Tickets are only 20 bucks, and so close to Waterloo. This festival happens every year, who's coming next summer?

6 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Glad you liked it :) I love musicals! You should come to LOTR: The Musical when it comes to TO next year.

As well, I'm not sure when it's coming (it was supposed to this year, but that changed)...but We Will Rock You is also coming to TO I hope sometime - it's based on the music of QUEEN! Similar fashion to Mamma Mia I think.

I'll come to Stratford next year ;) There are also others around - Drayton festival, etc.

Jason's an awesome guy - glad you two met & can hang out.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Jason is one of my bigs for frosh week.

Jill, we gotta see We Will Rock You, that'll be awesome.

6:15 AM  
Blogger 'lue said...

yeah, a musical based on the music of QUEEN?!

who can ask for more?! I'm so in!!!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I figured you were :wink:

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've yet to attend a real play/musical too. Are there any around August 5th Lou?

12:19 PM  
Blogger 'lue said...

Hey Faraz,

there sure is, see them here:
http://www.stratfordfestival.ca/playon/performances.cfm

those are the availiable shows we can get cheap seats to, I recommend "as you like it"
definately come on down!!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home