Something to laugh at

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Seasonal Nostalgia

The snow is falling like crazy right now. It’s been so long since the last good snowing that somehow I have to get reacquainted with this phenomenon.

I miss Waterloo very much; miss everything old and familiar as I settle into a simple routine here. Trotting through the snow on those late-night walks home through Waterloo Park were among the sweetest times of my life. I just hope things will stay as it was when spring comes around.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the snow sometimes... man. (note: the word man is added to defeminize the writer, i.e., me; I'm only joking.) I love the snow very much and wouldn't want to live in a country that doesn't have all four seasons in full fervor. Being middle easter/south asian, I can truly appreciate the beautiful white winters of Canada.

I remember very vividly our first snowy winter morning. The whole family was excited. We went for a drive and found very few cars out. We drove though a very narrow street. The massive trees on both sides of the street were completely covered with snow. And the branches extended on top from one side of the street to the other. The snow on the branches formed a beautiful white tunnel. It was really beautiful. Something in the white that's so very pure. Too bad this winter didn't see much snow.

And Lou, good to hear that you're running. I went out couple of times myself this winter, especially cycling. And please, get good running shoes. Can't emphasize enough how important a good pair of shoe is. They are a great investment.

Love ya Lou.......man :P
Shuaib.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, good to hear from you Shuaib. !! I’ve also come to really enjoy the snowy weather here… just not the cold.
I’d like to get together with you next weekend, ie. Feb 3. Love you too.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home