Something to laugh at

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Over my head I sang...

So there's a reason why this place is called Welland... they were trying to overcompensate!!

There's something eerie about this town... I think it's because I never see daylight anymore... I'm in the office before sunrise and leave after sunset... not to mention the 2 grave yards I pass on my way to work... in the dark. Buses some here every half hour... for good reason... because nobody takes the bus that early. There are plenty of cars on the road but somehow I never see anybody walking... it's like people are just passing though. The houses all look run down as if nobody has lived in it for years.... because they live in the grave yards nowMUAHAHAH... *shudder*.

Things are bit better where I am. The roomies seem nice, but I mostly stay in my room after work... doing more work. One of my roomie's is from el salvador. He listens to some VERY loud music and howls to it sometimes. My other roommate lives in the basement and has just bought an electric guitar. We hope to check up on each other's progress.

So work... boy... this job is exactly what I had expected and feared... I got my 2nd design project today. It's my 2nd day of work... did I mention I don't know how to design?!?!? they want me to modify their equipment!! where do I start?! On top of all that, my computer at work is really slow and doesn't let me do anything before freezing up. I actually took some work home today so I can finish some more... sad eh? I miss everything about home (wherever that is) Why can't I be studying for finals right now?! Just kidding... but this sucks too.

I've been walking back from work for the last 2 days... it's takes an hour!! But the music really helps. I love the song "better together" by Jack Johnson... it's perfect for walking, try it

Dead tired and it's only Wednesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I love you Lou!!!

That sucks that you don't like where you're living. But, you are going to be there for 4 months dude, so might as well try to make things work for ya. Maybe go out for a walk at lunch, so you do see some daylight.

You should also try to talk to your roomies more - I'm sure they're nice people, and could be very interesting, especially the one from El Salvador. Get to know them :)

Good luck with the job - I'm sure you'll do spectacularly.

Mmm...I love Jack Johnson. I have his cd with "Better Together" on it...very good cd.

Take care darling! *big hugs*

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home