Something to laugh at

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Off to well land.

My last post before setting off to Welland for coop... the whole job thing's got me a little nervous. My boss is out of town til the 9th, and I'm going to have to find the "other" guy to show me the ropes, I still have learn 3D autocad before work... that gives me... a day...... crap!!

I went out the other day and bought myself an acoustic guitar to keep me warm on those cold lonely winter evenings. My fingers are having touble adjusting to the awkwardness of the instrument. All is not lost, I heard some cracking in my fingers the other day... yup... making some progress. I hope to be able to play my favourite songs by the end of the term and jam my heart out. Faraz would be proud.

New years was an awesome time. I finally saw all the high school people in one room, as opposed to running around and meeting up with his & her individually. I stayed sober (unless I count the 2L bottle of chronic cola whoohoo!!) But it was still a blast to see the other people falling down all over the place. I got home at 4am, completely awake and jumpy. I remember thinking about walking home in -5 degree weather haha... even though it's a 40 min bus ride.

I remember being in the exact same place last new years eve feeling nervous as hell about tranfering to a new program yadda yadda. Looking back at things, I've been pretty lucky... no, VERY lucky to have all that I have, seen all that I"ve seen... met the bestest most awesome people this solar system, and experienced and felt more than I have in all my other years. Cheers to growing up, having fun and no regrets.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Hey Lou!

Good luck in Welland & at work...you'll be awesome! Keep in touch, and good luck with the guitar! I also hope to learn it more this term (since I didn't do that much during school) Then we can jam next term! :)

You should update more during the work term. I know I'm definitely going to try to.

Good luck hun, and happy new years! Lots of love, and hope 2006 is a great year for you!

~Jill
xoxox

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home