Something to laugh at

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Back to the T.dot

As I write this, I am waiting for my connecting flight to Toronto!! This will be my first time home since the move to Seattle. I’m pretty neutral about it, a lot has been going on here and I’m amazed at how fast the time has gone by.

The journey from Seattle to Vancouver, normally a 2.5hr drive, took only 30 minutes in the air. I got to go on another one of those propeller planes, except this time the plane was only 16000ft in the air. I got a beautiful look of Seattle and Vancouver at night. The terrain in Vancouver was extremely hilly and when cover in grid like lights, looked like something out of Futurama.

Two of my roommates are moving out of the house. The last couple of months have been unsteady there. Three of the girls are constantly fighting while M and I try to stay out of it. M found a job closer to southern Seattle and will be relocating. I’ll miss her sanity. The remaining ladies L, C and I have agreed to recruit a couple of guys to move in, so as to keep the drama between them.

Did I mention that I have a kitty? She is L’s foster pet, but did not get along with the other cat in her room, so she moved in with me. It’s great to come home to a cute little animal who really needs me. She gives me hugs and plays fetch, which is as much as you can ask for out of a cat. I miss her already! She’s getting left along in the house for four days.

I’m looking forward to seeing a couple of friends in Toronto, but this weekend is about spending time with the family. With the extra vacation days I have to take before the end of the year, I’m not sure why I didn’t extend my stay in Toronto (I’ll be leaving Sunday). Maybe once I remember what -10degC feel like I’ll be glad to return to the west. or maybe the general admission concert to Broken Social Scene will warm me up tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey...don't be exaggerating..it's only zero here!! Also..can you get pho like that in Seattle? I think not! How was the concert?

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home