Something to laugh at

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Livin Loud

July 24, 2008

These past few weeks have just flown by. I had hoped to accomplish a lot more by the end of July, but it much easier to lounge the weekends and evenings away. Our last roommate, M, joined the household a couple of weeks ago from Sacramento CA. She is so great and has moved from far for a new life just like me.

A few things I’ve learned from living with the girls:

  • all newly purchased clothes must be introduced to other members of the house
  • The answer is always no to

-“Do I look fat/skanky in this?”

-“Am I being unreasonable to assume…”

-“Is it asking too much for him to…”

  • Always answer yes to:

-“Do I look nice in this?” (followed by recommendations on accessories)

-“He’s cute isn’t he?”

-“Pina Colada?”

-“I worked out today, I can eat this right?”

  • Purchase junk food but be incredulous about it
  • Keep quiet when others complain about their bodies
  • Walking in underpants is acceptable and common
  • Cosmo magazine and Victoria secret catalogue must be in plane sight
  • Cats must be spoiled and oogled at
  • Weekend = car wash in bathing suits

All cliché, all true and pretty great actually, but if I don’t sit at a pub with some beers, boys and live music soon, I’m going to freak out. It’s time to make some new guys friends and work is where I’ll start. I already know just the one to befriend. I first met him when I wondered into the recording studio for a closer look at the mandolin hanging on the wall. He was testing some new speakers there and showed me a few things on the mandolin. Every Thursday my company offers a class at lunch ranging from company background, studio recording, digital mixing etc… These lessons are taught by company experts and such a rare resource. The biggest perk about this job so far. Today’s class was the second of a three part series on studio recording where we got to see pre-recording, fine tuning of the user interface and over dubbing of different instruments. Each instrument was recorded separately and combined. As soon as the mandolin guy started on his guitar, it was obvious that he was born with one in his hand, everyone was thoroughly impressed.

Sorry, I hate to rub it in, I really do, but I’ve just been informed of a room filled with prototype/sample guitars that is very overcrowded at the moment. My coworker was kind enough to help by taking one of the guitars to his desk and I will do the same soon.

The weather here has been beautiful and I wish I had a car just to be able to explore the area. Blackberry season is starting, bushes grow everywhere here and I will not go hungry for the next month. M and I may be doing the live music thing tomorrow. The weekend after that is roomie S’s birthday camping trip which happens to fall on STEVE MILLER BAND at the gorge amphitheatre, what am I going to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home