Something to laugh at

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A new start close to the end

I got transfered to another area on the 2nd week of November. The feeling of being a know-nothing n00b was renewed. Since then though, things have been looking up. I really enjoy working with my new group. I run the area with another supervisor, a completely mellow gentlemen who'd been working here for far too long. He made a decision to retire after christmas after 31 long years in the GM auto industry. He is patient and kind, likes to talk about his grandkids and the good ol' days of GM. Along with the many operators on the line, I find him delightful and endearing. I spend a lot of my day just talking to people as they work. I got a couple of projects to do so hopefully the term will qualify as pre-grad experience toward my engineering degree; then, I can goof off in a tropical climate for my next coop term muahahaha, can you smell the margaritas?

I spent the weekend in Oshawa for the first time this term... well actually, Sean, Justin and I went down town Toronto. We did some shopping and met up with Victor, Janet and Matt. It was a good time; later Sean told me he had fun hitting on my friend haha... horrible. I cannot wait to go back to school. Yesterday I got a call from Gabe, which made my day. He's spending a splendid term in Alert Nunavut. I miss everyone very much, though Oshawa has grown on me, nothing beats home in the loo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home