Something to laugh at

Monday, April 17, 2006

Pure morning

The weekend was eventful. It was good to be home. I saw a couple of old friends on Thursday and Friday night and can’t remember the last time I had been biking or laughing for so long.

I returned the guitar dress, ie. The cute dress I wanted to wear when I take my first walk down Waterloo park with Fender the guitar as I go off to jam. (yes I am helpless. and now, helpless and sans dress) It was too expensive anyway, more expensive than my prom dress (which is not saying much but it’s still a lotta tacos my friend). The hunt for a cute dress is back on, but I’ve pretty much given up on this shopping crap. Shopping doesn’t work if I already have a design in my head, it’s hard to find exactly what I’m looking for. Same goes for a lot of things I s’pose.

I woke up late today to realize I had left my bicycle at work. Instead of waiting a half hour for the bus, I opted for a morning walk. Everything is beautiful by first light, even the graveyard. There was a fresh plot close to the sidewalk that had recently been covered. I found that extremely symbolic. There is a rising sun every day of our lives. One day, I will also die. Though the sun will continue to rise long after, I will never see or feel its warmth again. This goes for everything wonderful about the world. I may not care much now, but will surely miss it all the second I no longer have it. Nothing waits for me if I dwell, and nothing will matter if I die. Here I am, walking by the cemetery instead of six feet under it. There is no reason not to seize the day.
♥peace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

LOU!

We should totally get some people and have jam sessions in the park this summer!

And your last paragraph is a good reminder...something to think about :)

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are totally jamming!! like... April 29 with Faraz!!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Totally there :) Hopefully the weather'll be nice, and we can take some food along & jam!!

Also, I meant to say in my last comment, if you want to that weekend or the following, I would go cute dress shopping with you, if you want some company (and a ride :P)

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd ♥ that :)

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me, me! i want a cute dress, too!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home