Something to laugh at

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Overloaded

I am designing a support stand to hold a 2800kg load, put in the safety factor of 2… and that's over 5 and a half tons. I am flipping through my MODS book right now trying to find some support structure that looks halfway decent, because right now, mine looks like it’s going to topple from it’s own weight. Then I have to hand this thing over to a contractor. It has to be built before I leave… does anybody else see how crazy this is?! This stuff is so beyond me. I really need the knowledge of whatever I learned in school now, but wait… I was sick that day.

The house had a bon fire in the backyard yesterday (the first time it rained in about 2 weeks). It started pouring at one point and we were forced to pack inside and microwave our buffalo wings instead, which turned out a lot better than burning them. El is not bothersome anymore. He got a rare taste of his own medicine when a spoiled little girl and her mom joined us. She screamed and moaned to get whatever she wanted and kept jumping around El yelping “HI, HI, HI” on every accent. It was sooo funny.

In other news, and this is going to sound weird… but I seem to have gained a bit of weight from this routine living thing. It’s going to drop right down when school starts of course, but seeing my perkier self in the mirror makes me smile haha… *cough*.

Gotta get back to it. The job hunt for Australia starts today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Australia? But think of the spiders there. Are you really sure you want those crawling around in your shoes?

If you find a job, be sure to refer them to me as well. :D

11:28 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

YOU CAN DO IT LOU!! I have faith!!

Don't worry about the spiders. My brother is freaked out by them, and the biggest one he ever encountered was the size of his wrist (he's 6'6")...so no big deal :P

Hahaha.

We should all go work in Australia!! You, me & Matt!! :D That'd be bloody awesome!!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks mate!

I'm not counting on getting a job there, but if I don't then I'm not looking very hard huh?

I ate spiders for dinner; and if they were in my shoes, mayble I wouldn't have such a hard time catching them for dinner.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home