Something to laugh at

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Merritt Island

I went to dinner with D (the landlord) again yesterday. If I’m privileged enough to meet more people like him later in life, then growing old won’t be so bad. He showed me the bike path I took everyday after work was in fact an island separated by the Welland Canal. Since it’s a longer and windier path, I had never biked to work that way until today. There were a lot more animals running about in the early morning. A squirrel for every tree on that island were all looking for nuts! There were curious birds too. I think cardinals and canaries are just so cute, they must hide from all the pointing and gawking they get during the day; which is why I was so flattered one actually let me take a picture of it :D (if ya zoom in, you can kinda see sunshine radiating off its red little body eeeep soooo cute!!!)

I’m waking up earlier to bike along the canal to work from now on. Maybe some more Olympus moments will follow.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need a digital camera...

There's a cardinal couple that lives in my neighbourhood. I see them like once every 2 weeks. The canal back home also created an island between it an the actual river. However, it's where the market and museums are, so there are no long windy bike paths. >.<

9:34 AM  
Blogger 'lue said...

they really come in handy when pretty birds fly by :D

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah...

In early February there was a golden hawk in a tree a few houses down. I've never seen one before in person, let alone in a city. That would have been an opportune time for a camera. :'(

Maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas, but I also want an electric razor. Decisions, decision...

1:35 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Matt - my vote is the camera!!!

Then again, I'm also the one who is very rarely without one, so I'm slightly biased >.<

I've decided one of the very few things Sarnia has going for it is that it's on water. After now living in Kingston, Port Dover & Sarnia, I've decided I want to settle in a place on water. Unfortunately, Sarnia also has too many (chemical) plants that the waterfront's not as pretty :S

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toronto is on water too. =|

Matt

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home