Something to laugh at

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Highway to hill

I managed to do everything on yesterday’s list! Except for the one about sleeping 8 hours… who needs it?

Somehow, I always have a dreaded feeling every time I go to driving class, it might be the numerous times Dave has had to grab hold of my wheel when I freeze up. We went on the QEW yesterday. I didn’t think G1 drivers were allowed, but Dave assured me it is ok with an instructor… he waits til we’re headed for the onramp to tell me we’re going on a highway… I was freaked out to say the least. Turns out, driving on the QEW is a piece of cake, it’s getting on and off that’s the trouble haha. I was too scared to stomp on the gas at the on ramp. Dave took out a pole from the back seat. I thought he was going to beat me with it if I didn’t speed up. But that Dave is always one step ahead of me; beating me with a pole will only distract and aggravate me, or knock me out. He would poke the gas pedal with it instead. Needless to say, that scared me enough to jet to 100… and ten. The most daunting highways to drive on are actually the 80km single lane roads that curve swerve from side to side. We ended up on Clifton Hill, alive!! And it was a relief.

I’m leaving work 3 hours early tomorrow for Toronto, then off to the city that never says “excuse me”. How sweet it is. That reminds me, the shipping office has candy, I’m going to bug them :D

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lou,
Why are you leaving work 3 hrs. earlier? Have you asked if you may do that? When you are in Toronron tomorrow, call me. Have a good time in Montreal and remember Safty First. ma

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok sure thing, and yes it's ok with my boss, he doesn't even want me to make up the hours because I always stay later than I should.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My driving instructor also had to push my foot down on the pedal when I was driving on the highway, too. We were halfway down the on-ramp with his yelling "PUT THE PEDAL TO THE FLOOR!" and my yelling "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!" I could hardly bring myself to go 40 or 60 and he wanted me to go 100. Aiya.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home